Welcome

So who would have guessed this? That my first blog would be about breast cancer? Surely not me! This was certainly not part of my life plan for my late 30's, but it's here now so I've been forced to dig in. The response to my health news was AMAZING! The tidal wave of support I received from family, friends, neighbors and former strangers has made all the difference in being able to take on this challege. As many of you said in your emails, cards and phone calls, this news is shocking to hear....but there are positives to the cards I’ve been dealt. They found my cancer early enough to cure me, and I will not only survive this but I will come out stronger for having endured it. While this whole experience has been surreal, you cannot image the amazing life moments I’ve experienced in the last few weeks, as I am seeing life quite a bit differently than I did before hearing the word cancer. I titled this blog right after hearing I had breast cancer, a cancer I thought was much simpler than I now know. So while my initial silver linings have changed quite a bit over the last few weeks, they are still there and are in some ways even better now, and I hope to share them with you along my journey! GAME ON!

Me & Bri

Me & Bri
Me & Bri

Favorite Quotes:

A Woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Shared by Beth Taylor- Thank you Mrs Taylor- I love it!

Sunday, April 3, 2011

TURBAN CHIC! you read it here first....

And I quote:  "A mockery is being made of all the time and money that women spend on their hair. If you want to keep up with the fashion elite, ladies, hide those locks and hide them well. May we suggest throwing on a head wrap that looks like your after-shower towel, only a little prettier?
This spring, high-end designers like Prada, Marc Jacobs and Ralph Lauren, as well as chain stores like H&M, are offering turbans for women.  Oh, and by the way, start saving. The fancy ones cost $700."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250413,00.html

and if you despise fox news, check this one out:
http://www.stylelist.com/2006/09/02/j-los-controversial-turban/

Or perhaps you've already seen her in your latest Style magazine ... have a great day and get your turban on!

No comments:

Post a Comment