Welcome

So who would have guessed this? That my first blog would be about breast cancer? Surely not me! This was certainly not part of my life plan for my late 30's, but it's here now so I've been forced to dig in. The response to my health news was AMAZING! The tidal wave of support I received from family, friends, neighbors and former strangers has made all the difference in being able to take on this challege. As many of you said in your emails, cards and phone calls, this news is shocking to hear....but there are positives to the cards I’ve been dealt. They found my cancer early enough to cure me, and I will not only survive this but I will come out stronger for having endured it. While this whole experience has been surreal, you cannot image the amazing life moments I’ve experienced in the last few weeks, as I am seeing life quite a bit differently than I did before hearing the word cancer. I titled this blog right after hearing I had breast cancer, a cancer I thought was much simpler than I now know. So while my initial silver linings have changed quite a bit over the last few weeks, they are still there and are in some ways even better now, and I hope to share them with you along my journey! GAME ON!

Me & Bri

Me & Bri
Me & Bri

Favorite Quotes:

A Woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Shared by Beth Taylor- Thank you Mrs Taylor- I love it!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Anyone know where I can get a COIF?

OK... so in the midst of all my cancer fun, I am feeling like making a fashion statement- but I need your help!  where can I get an medieval coif?  Yes, you read that right. go ahead and check it out on wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coif and here is just one photo sampling (not of the coif that I want, but a coif nonetheless (I am technically challenged so skip the insert- go to link on wikipedia and see the little red coif on the right hand column)

Not that little edward VI is not a cutie pie, but if you scroll down you'll see some WILD COIFS!  Apparently this was a style back in the day, there are links even to '1500 to 1600 in fashion' - Really?!?!- when/if you go out there you'll find some really cool coifs- all the ladies were wearing them- including Anne Boleyn as you'll see...

My lovely friend Beth S. emailed me today regarding having to see my new wig, or coif, as she put it... that is what inspired my research and my soon to be fashion forward frolic this morning... or fashion backward since it's from the 1500's... hey all styles (good and bad) need to resurface at some point!

yours truly,
the bald eagle

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this blog, so we can keep up with what's going on. Love the family photos - great photographer. All the best, and then some. Love, Lisa, Bob, Drew, and Reid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hollywood costumes and wigs: http://www.abracadabrasuperstore.com/

    Hollywood Creative handbook:
    http://www.creativehandbook.com/Los-Angeles-Film-WARDROBE-COSTUMES-HAIR-MAKEUP/page-display-info-tabid-T5371.html

    Have fun!
    xo Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being so open with your blog posts - and I love the pictures. Your positive approach is inspiring to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mickie - sending you the only coif I could find online - via eBay. It's rennaisance era and simple, BUT might be good for the days when the wig gets itchy?

    Take Care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete