Welcome

So who would have guessed this? That my first blog would be about breast cancer? Surely not me! This was certainly not part of my life plan for my late 30's, but it's here now so I've been forced to dig in. The response to my health news was AMAZING! The tidal wave of support I received from family, friends, neighbors and former strangers has made all the difference in being able to take on this challege. As many of you said in your emails, cards and phone calls, this news is shocking to hear....but there are positives to the cards I’ve been dealt. They found my cancer early enough to cure me, and I will not only survive this but I will come out stronger for having endured it. While this whole experience has been surreal, you cannot image the amazing life moments I’ve experienced in the last few weeks, as I am seeing life quite a bit differently than I did before hearing the word cancer. I titled this blog right after hearing I had breast cancer, a cancer I thought was much simpler than I now know. So while my initial silver linings have changed quite a bit over the last few weeks, they are still there and are in some ways even better now, and I hope to share them with you along my journey! GAME ON!

Me & Bri

Me & Bri
Me & Bri

Favorite Quotes:

A Woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Shared by Beth Taylor- Thank you Mrs Taylor- I love it!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

HOLY COW! Round SIX my friends.... Round 6 is here!

My LAST ROUND of CHEMO is TOMORROW!
My LAST ROUND of CHEMO is TOMORROW!
My LAST ROUND of CHEMO is TOMORROW! 
  

THURSDAY JUNE 30th is the day!!!  Not that I've been tracking this day for months now -ha!  I can honestly say that time has literally flown by- I have been at it for 4 months and can't believe the end is so near!  Not the easiest thing, but certainly not the worst.  Challenging times swirled with amazing life moments, kind gestures that brought me to tears, love and support all around..a wild ride that brought huge challenges but also shown a spotlight on the exuberance of the human spirit in those around me!


Summer so far has been busy with lots of family in town visiting and to celebrate the baptism of my niece.  The combination of family visiting, kids out of school, summer activities, and work, THINGS HAVE BEEN A BIT NUTS!  Sooo MENTALLY I am officially declaring Friday to be the start of MY SUMMER... a fresh start, and hoping to get my energy back in a few weeks and try to get somewhat back to normal for a while. I also anticipate my hair starting to grow back later in July.  Fingers crossed this 'plan' turns out.... time will tell.


IF you see me running wild around Downers in the next few days, you'll know why, because I am DONE WITH CHEMO, we've kicked cancer's ass, and we are on to the next phase of my treatment.  I have chills as I write this- chemo is almost over!!!!  GAME ON CANCER- the hardest part is almost behind us!

3 comments:

  1. Mickie - You go Girl! I am so happy that you've passed this last milestone in your treatment. I think about you every day and send my hopes, prayers and wishes for you into the ethera. I love you for miles and kilometers and most of all want you to be well, happy and content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Mickie! You did it! I am so proud of you! Can't wait to see you again. Let's Facetime during your last treatment. XOXO, Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Round Six - Ding Ding! Score: Mickie 6, Cancer 0.
    I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration. The hardest part is behind you. Keep your "Game On" and we will get through this and be stronger than ever on the other side.
    Love,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete